Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Message from Mr. Crisaldo Pablo - Director of Quicktrip - and my apologies

I received a message allegedly coming from director Crisaldo Pablo, director of the movie Quicktrip (see his comment from the review). In the spirit of equality, i allowed the message to be posted. Heck I even allowed the verbal diarrhea coming from those anonymous troglodytes!

Mr. Pablo, you can bet that i do not need comforting, but I am glad you admitted the debacle that happened on the first day screening of Quicktrip at the Robinsons Galleria last Wednesday. Everything that I pointed out was not a product of my imagination. You can put yourself in my shoes. Pay to watch a movie, then get those technical foul ups that my friend and I experienced. How can one go home without feeling shortchanged?

Strobing, intermittent sound, visuals that turn into blank blue screens, scenes that don't end and jumps to the beginning of the film, pixelated images - and thats just the technical stuff, which should NOT be my concern since I was there to actually concentrate on the narrative. Paying viewers are supposed to sit back and relax. Not to get confused why everything before them is so bad! As to the story, Click the City said it all. I was supposed to let it go although I earlier planned to write my thoughts in here.

The only thing i said about it was that it was a "DISASTER". Click the City used the same word - and MORE! He called it terrible! Yet, I get 2 commenters. And from the recesses of their idiocy, one of them joyously hoped that MY PARENTS BE MURDERED for having me? Just because I found your movie a disaster? You can bet on your ass that I am not gonna take it sitting down. I shall let my parents live for I believe they raised a fairly smart person - moi of course. That should pretty much explain your statement on why "parang gigil na gigil ka sa akin". I can only surmise that those people are your supporters. Talk about blind patronage. Kayo na nga ang nagkamali last wednesday - yet you don't expect people to huff and puff? Having said that, I think it is best that they be put in their proper place by putting things in their proper perspective: on how Quicktrip fared in the scheme of its genre.

This is what I think about you, and I don't care whether you agree or not: Duda/Doubt was indeed a good debut for you. It heralded the birth of a visual artist that is prodigious with fielding colour-rich canvasses on screen. The story was refreshing coz it tackled (during that time) homosexual taboos that are otherwise only discussed in hushed environment. But the succeeding films were not to my liking. I actually believed you had your redemption in Moreno. I liked that film. But Metlogs came, and Quicktrip came.

I am glad that Ricky Lee liked the film, and a host of other stellar names, including that director from Sarungbanggi which had horrible technicals but I LOVED nevertheless. I am glad that most of the people who spoke with you - including the grandest of critics! - liked Quicktrip! I did not! It is comforting to know that those aforementioned people have a taste way different from mine. To be honest about it, I don't really care. I care about what I pay to watch. The least that a paying viewer would expect from the movie that she paid to watch is that THE MOVIE WOULD AT LEAST FINISH SCREENING! That! At the very least!

Now as to your supporters - proud members of Anonymous International - I wish them "good taste" and not rely on blind patronage! They SHOULD LEARN from you who is gracious in accepting criticism. If I have hurt you in any way, I apologize, but you can thank those 2 thankless idiots for wishing MURDER on my parents, just because I called your movie "a disaster". Had they not gone too far, it would not have inspired the "review" below. And I do stand by what I wrote, hook, line and sinker! If you know those 2 anonymous commenters, they deserve the hugs that you offered. Such dedication.

Thank you for commenting. And thank you for being gracious with the criticism. I wish you another gem like "Moreno" on your next cinema outing.

No comments: