Thursday, May 21, 2009

gabby's cameo inspires toni gonzaga to enunciate



"cameo"


Overheard several times last week at Entertainment Live.

This was in reference to Gabby Concepcion's swoon-worthy guest appearance in Sharon Cuneta's movie, "BFF". The lovely Toni Gonzaga effusively and repeatedly said:" There is a "ca-me-yo" (accent on the 2nd syllable). Did I really hear her say that in all its trisyllabic glory? Hmmm. Must have misheard it. But I heard it again while she was interviewing KC Concepcion (who vowed how much she "love Toni talaga").

What can you say about your dad's "ca-me-yo"? (mentioned twice during the segment)

...and I fell off my seat as I rolled through my kingdom of hilarity.

Class, all together now - "cah-m'yo"! Again, class, "cah-m'yo". Tintin and Glorybell, the accent is on the 1st syllable.

Asus, and the english proficient Bianca Gonzales can't even correct a dear friend!



No comments: