Sunday, August 24, 2008

Had To Be Michael

I was staring at the screen and there he was, my destiny, my boyfriend! He looks intently through the boob tube and, like a dash of arctic shower, my mom pinches my shoulder! And my dashing gentleman disappears like a bubble popping! Don't they call pinching child abuse?

I have been pausing some scenes from a romantic comedy called "It Had To Be You" which starred my ultimate lothario, Michael Vartan! Oi oi oi! The half French hottie has me goo-goo eyed during its whole syrupy run! It sure took him forever to star in a romantic comedy, something that i have been waiting for a fourth of my lifetime already.

In the film, a gorgeous boy meets gorgeous girl (Natasha Henstridge) on the day they were supposed to finalize their wedding preparations. For a whole week, the seemingly contented couple kept bumping into each other all over New York's Central Park, etc. Then they suddenly realize something: make a good guess!

I am so deeply infatuated with my Michael, I hardly care if the story was as predictable as the fact that one day, in the distant future, Sharon Cuneta and Gabby Concepcion will, once again, pair up on screen! Oh gosh! Vartan just makes me blush! The way his forehead furrows into the sexiest of scowl, the way he cocks up a half smile. oooohlala.... ;->

When a rom-com fields an unpretentious story and the simplest of intentions, the goal can't be too hard to achieve. Who cares about predictability and a trite story when you have a pair whose chemistry sparks up the whole Central Park with their charm and beauty? I don't!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo! this sounds like a good romantic comedy! i'll search on youtube for trailers. hhehee. thanks for the tip!

Stanley said...

Hei, just dropping by to say hi!

Cheers,
Stanley

Cathy Pena said...

@ caryn: i enjoyed it. i love rom-coms. i'm sure you will 'not hate' it.

@ stanley: hey, stranger. i'll always remember you coz you're the very 1st person to comment here and i appreciate that. thanks for dropping by.