Wednesday, February 4, 2009

revitalized after the disappointing holidays


With exams all behind me, i found myself enjoying the humdrum of my life as a shoe-obsessed, film-loving, Mauritius-dreaming Manila girl... so i gallantly offered to pay for my friend's movie seat to watch "Jay" - this Baron Geisler indie that my friend doesn't want to watch.


Lately, most of the movies that I've invited him were so bad he ends up literally vomiting after watching. This started with the whole line-up of Metro Manila Film festival trash that made my head spin. I have single-handedly busted a little fortune paying for the admissions of these basuras. My friend just laughs at my rants saying i deserve this artistic bankruptcy for patronizing the aforementioned movies. "Buti nga so yo," he keeps taunting me. Why? Because I patronized Pinoy films during the whole festival bonanza?


He was saying how asinine Joel Lamangan's Desperadas 2 was. And that I dozed off at a cartoon called Dayo - and I have always LOVE animated films! Don't rub it in! And Shake Rattle and Roll? Shouldn't they have buried this franchise back when Rambo was king? Then there's the multi-awarded Baler! Oh gawd! Whatever happened to occasional director Mark Meilly (he directed 3 films in 5 years) who brought cinematic gems (Crying Ladies, La Visa Loca) in the past. Every bit of that movie was plain amateurish! Para kang nanood ng school play na nagbabaril-barilan ang mga sundalo. LOL.


Then comes "Jay". Ok, I shelled out an extra P120 just to have a friend watch this movie with me. Guess what! After a sketchy start, the whole piece came through. This was a rewarding experience at the movies. People should watch this instead of all those TRASH that polluted the Christmas holidays! Lintik! Pinagastos pa ako!

No comments: