Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Asiong Salonga Story - The Land of Posturing Potbellied Gangsters


There are valid reasons why biopics are produced, the most common of which is to tell the story of a popular figure; the “real” one that explains his origin and motivations. Another is to demystify a persona steeped with preconceived notions; strip him out of hearsays and hyperbole; venture on this personality’s charm or notoriety, and understand why such personality fascinates the public.

One of these personalities was Nicasio “Asiong” Salonga.

Asiong Salonga (Jorge Estregan aka ER Ejercito) is an iniquitous mobster boss from Tondo who, in the late 40’s, lived a fast life with plenty of guns and a coterie of women. He was clannish and patriarchal of his townmates, yet implacable towards his enemies. People either feared or admired him. When he married Fidela (Carla Abellana), his grasp of the criminal underground burgeoned further. It helped that his brother, Domeng Salonga (Philip Salvador) was a well decorated, albeit highly regarded police officer. He became so influential that even political parties (he’s pro-Liberal Party) would compete for his good graces and ultimately, his endorsement. Asiong was also generous to the poor, earning him the moniker “Robinhood ng Tondo”.

But not everyone was pleased with Asiong’s rise. His main nemesis constituted a group of miscreants headed by Totoy Golem (John Regala) who wanted him “discarded” for good. After a series of retaliatory shootouts, Asiong was put in prison where he befriended a cellblock mayor (Jay Manalo) who helped hatch an escape. Unfortunately for Asiong, he was imprudent. He got caught. Not long after this, he was propositioned to foil an assassination plot against a local Liberal Party standard bearer who carried enough political heft to give him a parole.

Asiong reclaims his hold in the underworld mob, but had to contend with betrayals within his men. He learned of Erning’s (Baron Geisler) abusive streak. One day, Golem invites him for a conciliatory meeting, unaware that Erning has “jumped ship”. Would Asiong survive the plot?




Filmed in glorious black and white, this ambitious opus has the visual savvy reminiscent of Wong Kar Wai and vestiges of Jonathan Sela’s eye-popping camera work in “Max Payne”. But “Manila Kingpin – The Asiong Salonga Story”, a film not directed by Tikoy Aguiluz, is all gloss and cinematic posturing. The story is pretty trite and uninsightful. It offers a plot that might as well be another henchman’s story. There’s nothing distinct about its narrative. More importantly, it forgot to tell the story behind what we already know: Which family reared him? What made him who he became? We needed to understand the genesis of a mobster – but this wasn’t on the cinematic plate. Was it a problem explained by the very public altercation between director Tikoy Aguiluz (who did not direct this movie, let me be very clear) and the Laguna governor and executive producer? I doubt.

Whether it is Aguiluz’s 115 minute cut or Ejercito’s 150 minute copy, it is obvious that the problem is in the substance, casting and cinematic vision. Or should I offer it to be re-titled to “The Land of the Potbellied Gangsters”? The movie purports to re-introduce Asiong Salonga to a generation who has no idea of his name or nature. It intended to bring back the old-fashioned “Pinoy action movie” which has, thankfully, died a natural death. It intended to make Jorge Estregan a legitimate action figure and dramatic actor in one sweep, something that he never succeeded in his younger days. He was, after all, a starlet, riding in the coattails of his family’s ear-friendly surname. Did anyone remember him in films like “Mga Paru-parung Buking”, “Boy Tornado”, “Kumander Dante”, “Pepeng Kuryente”, and “Gapos Gang”? Didn't think so. Does anyone remember the governor star in a film called “Asiong Salonga: Hari ng Tondo” in 1990 (directed by Armando de Guzman, Jr.)? Why would you remake something that didn’t work the first time? The indomitable human spirit is sometimes nothing but a meaningless folly.





Jorge Estregan doesn't possess the charisma of Joseph Estrada or Rudy Fernandez who both starred as Asiong Salonga in 1961 and 1978 (Title: “Salonga”, co-starring his father, George Estregan) respectively. His signature expression is that of a scowl, and when he’s angry, it turns into a devilish gaze (“nanlilisik ang mga mata”), something that isn’t too different from “the scowl”. Even his declarative sentences feel like constipated ramblings. His foray into real emotions provokes somnolence. Carla Abellana is luminous, but watching her lock lips with the governor inspires goose bumps; it’s a gag-inducing sight. It’s like mixing turpentine and milk, then taking a swig. It’s a potently visceral sensation.

The film, conceived as an action opus, is populated by actors sporting Santa Claus bellies. Seasonal requirement, perhaps? But a genre has to follow a physical criteria to be believable – or did the gangsters of old Tondo really sport such watermelon guts? If these were to find itself in international exhibits, wouldn’t the audience question the use of such unfit actors for a slambang action? We should get Sharon Cuneta for a new "Darna" film, if that's the case.

Others in the cast are wasted in Ejercito’s shadow: Baron Geisler (who’s as nefarious here as his public persona), Amay Bisaya, Joko Diaz, Ronnie Lazaro, Yul Servo, Roldan Aquino, Ping Medina, John Regala, Philip Salvador, Dennis Padilla, Jay Manalo, et.al. The ladies are mere decorative habitues: Carla Abellana, JC Parker, Paloma and the beautiful Valerie Concepcion whose sophistication belonged to that era. Even Asiong explained the role of women in that era: “Dapat lagi kang maganda, malambing, at hintayin mo lang ang pag uwi ko.” Ouch. Don’t we have the right to impose the same? That he should look handsome, at least – if we’re to do what he said?



In one slow motion scene, Asiong charges into a compound filled with his nemesis, each one carrying heavy artillery. In the succeeding gun fight, he decimates 3 dozen armed thugs without even ducking or running for cover. He just took his stride forward, stood unflinchingly stiff, and fired his gun while bullets crossed his path. He came out unharmed. Talk about spectacular, right? Maybe he possessed the powers of Pepeng Agimat or Kumander Inggo?

DISPLACED MUSIC

In another scene, Asiong takes his wife Fidela to a club where we find the handsome Ely Buendia laboriously singing a “kundiman” – a song called “La Paloma”. This scene felt misplaced because haranas and kundimans required full-bodied voices a la Diomedes Maturan, while the iconic Buendia has thin pipes and nasal singing. You do wonder about such artistic choices.

The best part of the movie is the posturing of our protagonist. He stares like he’s ready to devour. He sports an attitude that belies calm and composure. If its attitude we want, its attitude we get… with the pot belly, of course! And not much else.



Totoy Golem (Regala) isn't happy with the competition.


Baron Geisler is Erning


Carla Abellana and Jorge Esregan


Compare Asiong Salonga and a Wong Kar Wai flick (with Tony Leung)


Mark Wahlberg as "Max Payne"


Faces of Asiong: Joseph Estrada and Rudy Fernandez



35 comments:

Direk King said...

For a sort of "tribute" to our, well, crappy action film genre, it's surprisingly good. Sure, it's no "City of God", but I can say without doubt and fear of contradiction that it is the best action film a Filipino has ever made. It has its flaws, of course, but I forgot all of it from the pure awesomeness of the kalye coolness of it all. I just think it's kinda unfair to criticize just the flaws and not at least recognize the efforts: the brilliant cinematography, the kick-ass action scenes, the amazing performances of John Regala and Baron Geisler, the production design, the funny dialogues.

But then it's your blog. Just sayin'.

Sa Monday ipapalabas yung cut ni Direk Tikoy, by the way. :)

~ Kiw

Cathy Pena said...

@ Direk King:


I wrote: “Filmed in glorious black and white, this ambitious opus has the visual savvy reminiscent of Wong Kar Wai and vestiges of Jonathan Sela’s eye-popping camera work in “Max Payne”.

And yet you say, “not at least recognize the efforts: the brilliant cinematography”. Pardon me for not coming up with superlatives worthy of your thoughts about “Asiong”. And you’re right, this is my blog and it was MY money I paid to watch the film which, to my mind, didn’t merit more than what’s written here. I’d say getting mentioned in the vein of Wong Kar Wai and Jonathan Sela is enough “tribute”. You think it’s “the best action film a Filipino has ever made”, I think less of it without doubt and fear of contradiction – and that’s that.

I hope I could watch Tikoy's version. :)

Direk King said...

" Didn't merit more than what I've written"... it sounds like the effort of the film still didn't impress you, then, especially since about 90% of your review is pinpointing its flaws.

Sure, you mentioned a few supposedly objective sentences every now and then (which still sounded sarcastically like pointing a finger at mimicry of styling, to me), but overall the film is bad, is the impression I'm getting from what you've written. But again, you're entitled to your opinion, but since comments are available, I am entitled to arguing against it, yes?

And here it is. I thought, despite all its flaws, that it is a good film, not worthy of your ranting. That is what I think. I could be wrong, of course, but in criticizing something as polarizing as Manila Kingpin, right or wrong is in itself subjective. I just don't think it deserves that much negativity without at least compromising with as much good points it quite apparently has.

It is a flawed film, but it is still a must watch, I hope you don't disagree. At least, compared to all the crap I often see in our cinemas these days. That is why I feel obligated to at least ipagtanggol si Asiong, the same way na prinotektahan ni Asiong ang Philippine cinema from heading completely to crap land. (Wow. Ang drama? Haha.)

I hope to see Tikoy's cut too. Uy, peace lang ha? I have nothing against you or your opinion, sadyang na-fill lang ako ng need na ipagtanggol ang Kingpin from (overly) bad reviews. Sorry.

Good vibes. :)

Cathy Pena said...

I love that you’re contradicting me. Few people do, or at least try to. You can read how I think of Asiong as a film and I make no apologies for it. It’s not my favorite film, obviously, and I will write how I see it. You keep repeating how it is a “flawed film” and I am not going to disagree on that. That I cannot bear writing superlatives about this “best action film a Filipino has ever made” is not saying I think it’s a deplorable work. I just don’t think it’s all that good, brilliant cinematography and all.

I didn’t like it all that much – period.

I didn’t like action heroes sporting potbellies. I didn’t like heroes that looked like they’re going to need an angioplasty in 20 years. I didn’t like the staid expression and dour emotionality of the protagonist. I didn’t like that a hero single handedly charges into an enemy’s den yet he never gets hit by three dozen firing guns – despite not ducking for cover. That to me is brimming fantasy. I didn’t like it that when guns were being shot everywhere during the race between kalesas, the cuchero didn’t even bother to duck. Was he immune to gunshots? Kick ass camera work doesn’t do the trick where my appreciation of a cinematic work is concerned. Moreover, I didn’t like that it glorifies criminals and polygamy. I can go on.

If you think this was an overly bad review, you should have read the original draft. And yes, peace. :)

Direk King said...

I don't like that it is black and white (not the cinematography, but the theme: with Asiong glorified as a hero and Golem as a villain who's just plain bad...nawawalan ng peek at the characters' psyches eh), I don't like ER's iyak iyak, I didn't like the "Mad World" scoring of the rain scene. I didn't like many things about the film, believe you me.

But I do like the film. You don't. It is clear we cannot persuade each other, but at least we are talking about it. I think your post deserves a counter-arguing comment. Because at the very least, the film deserves the debate. Manila Kingpin is, at the end of the day, ARGUMENT-WORTHY. :)

PS. Yung imba scenes na di niya kelangan iwasan yung mga bala and comes out unscathed, I think sadya na yun, as a tribute (or maybe a slight parody) to a genre of action stars without weaknesses.

Darating siguro ang time na magiging mas realistic and three-dimensional ang mga characters ng Pinoy action. I'm hoping a screenplay of mine changes the landscape, actually. Haha. :)

Cathy Pena said...

I think using black and white worked beautifully for the film, and I’ve said what I thought about the camera work.

I believe that Tikoy Aguiluz did a marvelous job, a sort of deconstruction of an otherwise trite material, albeit with a built-in and charmless lead. This after all doesn’t seem like a material that Aguiluz would hand pick for a project, had it not been thrusted to him by a third party. Of course I’m just second guessing. I don’t know him personally. But had this been directed by a different director, it wouldn’t have impacted substantially on some sectors who think highly of it – like you.

I’ll never hold it against people for liking “Asiong”. After all, watching a film is a subjective experience. Moreover, you point out strengths about the film and you stand by them. That’s admirable. I do not dislike it. But as I said, I just didn’t like it all that much. If it encourages people to express strong opinions about it, then it is clearly not a throwaway mediocre work. Saying so would be foolish. The artistic choices are argument-worthy and they merit discourse.

Maybe that particular scene (“unscathed hero amidst hundreds of bullets”) was a parody of action stars’ invulnerability. It’s an interesting thought. Or maybe about the obstinacy of a genre (“action films”) that has seemingly ceased to exist. Who knows. It felt incredulous at the time I was watching. Regala’s character was one-dimensionally evil, but I liked his performance. Regala has been doing superior work since his so-called “return”, but he was better in “Zombadings” because his character wasn’t explored well in “Asiong”.

When you come up with that” landscape-changing” screenplay, please let me know so I can have bragging rights that we once “argued” about “Asiong”.  Have I seen any of your work? Just curious.

Direk King said...

By "black and white" i didnt mean the monochrome cinematography, but the black and white characters of golem and asiong. but i agree, regala pulled off an awesome performance. :)

i doubt that you've seen a film of mine unless you went to the first day of .Movfest last year at UP, a teaser film of mine was screened there. Other works are unfinished, unscreened stuff. Screenplays that didn't get grants. A Cinema One Originals entry, but I was only art director. Yun pa lang filmography ko, humble pa. Small time. Haha.

But I would like to discuss the plot of the screenplay I told you about sometime, and hear your thoughts. :)

Cathy Pena said...

Ah yes, I read and replied too fast. The caricaturish character... agree naman. Ayan, we're piling up items that we agree on na ha? :)

If it's a teaser (i.e. "short"), upload it online. I'll watch. It's always good to expose yourself to a group outside your comfort zone. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the .Movfest in UP.

Sige, let me know about the screenplay. I'd love to read it one day... though I think I've a better grasp with a finished work. Let's argue again. Haha. Am kidding.

Direk King said...

Yeah, had fun arguing with someone who really could argue! Haha. :))

Unfortunately, a finished work is still in the far off horizon. Naffrustrate na ko sa grant giving bodies dito sa Pinas eh. But I am shooting a short this summer entitled "Tunay Na Lalaki". :)

Ehm, yung teaser (i.e. a scene from a full length screenplay, yun lang ang nashoot kasi yun lang ang afford) is shot in a very embarassing camera eh....parang diyahe ipanood. Haha.

Cathy Pena said...

I think there’s a burgeoning avenue for such grants. You should keep trying. Even SM Cinemas has their own Big Shot Festival. Nothing worth aspiring for is ever easy, I’d say.

“Tunay na Lalaki” sounds like the incipient beginnings of a ground-breaking action picture already. LOL. Just make sure there aren’t heroes who don’t duck when being shot, ok? :)

Direk King said...

It actually has more of a dark, psychological theme. Deals with childhood trauma, homophobia, a twisted sense of masculinity, and a kind of benevolent view of morality. It's dark stuff. I love it. Haha.

Yun nga lang medyo itsurang thesis film yung naeenvision ko, I can't see it looking more...mature. Maybe because I still aren't, as a filmmaker.

Cathy Pena said...

Hmmm. Sounds noirish to me. I, on the other hand, envision shadows in the cinematographic palette (not exactly black and white). I love that dash of angst in a film just as long as there’s logic involved, implied or otherwise.

Sometimes kasi, a film maker forgoes logic in exchange of a singular composed imagery that he feels could define his work. It sounds promising to me. Why wait for summer to film it? Tikoy might give it a slot at the next Cinemanila. I’ll go watch and write, making sure that it isn’t 90% pinpointing its faults. :)

I’m not sure I understand exactly what a “thesis film” should be (i.e. “inferior”?). I think you should always treat any work as a “groundbreaking film”. Some of the best films have the most humble beginnings. Heard of Christopher Nolan’s first full length, “Following”? He shot it for a year, and mostly on weekends, utilizing friends and acquaintances from the university where he graduated. He funded most of it. And it’s one of my personal favorites, more than his otherwise excellent Batman films (and "Memento" of course).

This isn’t saying that you should re-enact Nolan’s high wire act, but it is a hopeful story, di ba? There’s nothing humble in ambition.

Direk King said...

By "thesis film" I mean, look pretentious. Lam mo yung mga student films na wala na ginawa kundi magpalalim and to look artsy? I'd hate to be like that. >_< But you're right, I am looking for that noir look. ;)

Malabo kasi ata ngayong Feb, so March at the earliest ang kayang target date. Kelan ba Cinemanila? Nakakasali ba dun ang, like, 10 minuter lang?

I love Nolan! Memento, Inception, Dark Knight! I'm more of an Arronofsky fan though. Panoorin ko nga yang Following na yan. Sounds...inspiring. :)

Cathy Pena said...

“mga student films na wala na ginawa kundi magpalalim and to look artsy”

What a snob! LOL. And I thought I cornered that realm.

Cinemanila is an avenue for brilliant newbies as well. Yes, even 10-minute shorts. They have special screenings for these local - and international - shorts. Wait ha – Paging Mr. Tikoy Aguiluz! :)

You ought to socialize more. There are several possibilities. There’s Cinemanila; there’s the obvious Cinemalaya and Cinema One. Of late, there’s the new Big Shot Film Festival of SM Cinemas and Metro Manila Film Festival’s indie arm, the New Wave Filmfest which has two categories: feature length and shorts. Each year, they pick 5 main features and 10 shorts. You can try checking these avenues. NCCA sometimes offers grants, and even Spain Embassy’s cultural arm, Instituto Cervantes.

Mark Meilly is one to follow since he’s chairman of the approving committee for Big Shot and New Wave. Give them a try. :)

arch said...

I take offense in the statement that thesis films are “ student films na wala na ginawa kundi magpalalim and to look artsy”.

-someone who spend the past 2 years trying to think of a good enough thesis concept, thus delaying his degree in Film


-Arch D., dir Balang Araw (2012)

Cathy Pena said...

Archie:

I understand where you’re coming from. I doubt though that it’s meant to offend.

I guess it’s a generalization. I absolutely got what he meant though. There are works that flounder in self indulgence. If I were to read it, this hardly alludes to “Balang Araw” or “Suntok sa Buwan”. Why? Because they are well made fodders! But this is just me. Undeniably, there's a set of this population guilty of being "pa-artsy". It shouldn't be such a sweeping statement, but...

Simply put, when your work is good, you can't be part of such generalization. :)

Direk King said...

Yep, like exactly what she said, I couldn't have told it better myself. I'm generalizing. I may have not stated it clearly, but if you're secure with your work, then you shouldn't be offended. I'm not going to rephrase what I said though, kasi I'm assuming we're all, you know, not idiots.

I haven't seen "Balang Araw" and probably don't know of you, too, but I would give it a chance if I happened to catch it. I know the girl and guy who made "Suntok Sa Buwan" from a pitching forum some time last year though, and thought their script was good. I clearly don't think pa-artsy sila....that's the point of generalizing. "Most" is miles different from "all", and despite me not saying those words, I assumed people of comprehension would have understood.

So my apologies for not being clear, but I don't take back what I've said. Peace and good vibes!

@cathy: parang naghahanap na naman ako ng ka-argument, ano ba problema ko? hahaha.

Direk King said...

Here's to enjoying snoobinity! (invented term.) *clink*

I know, I just find it too hard to squeeze into my schedule, plus I've had very disappointing social encounters with some of the people in the industry. Ilang beses na namimis-interpret ang aking, well, snoobinity. I mean, some of them seem unfamiliar with humor! Haha. I'm not naming names though. Zip. :D

I probably should give it another shot though. Can I start with you? I would love to chat with you personally some time, in a Film Fest or something. :)

Cathy Pena said...

@ Direk:


You kinda stink with neologisms. “Snoobinity” is homonymous to “noob” which means “newbie”. You should retain the root word – “snob”! So it should be “snobility” or “snobbism” – or “snobocracy”. You have to admit they sound better. LOL

You have such boundless “charm”, you lure arguments. That’s talent!

If you do attend festivals, I just might see you in one of them. We can argue. Basta walang kurutan. :)

Direk King said...

Oo nga no? Katunog nga ng noob, wag yun! How about snobbishness? O baka legitimate word talaga yun? Haha.

I know right? Kaya gamitin ko dapat ang "gift" na'to sa tamang paraan. Like, say, joining a leftist party. Or attending a PNoy Public Conference. LOL

Hmmm...I don't know kung kailan ako ulit makaka-attend, but I'll add you on Facebook muna for starters, keri? :)

Cathy Pena said...

Leftist party then shifting to Pnoy? Such inviting ideas. As for FB, I really don't FB much so it's a futile idea. But we'll rub elbows in one of those film events one day. :)

Direk King said...

That we shall. Winner! (Ano daw? Labo. Haha.)

Cathy Pena said...

LOL. That's gibberish, but yeah winner! :)

kim said...

ewan ko ba sa inyo,pero npanuod ko to d2 s australia,nkapasok n agad ang pirated dvd hehe,Influence yung cinematography nung Wong Kor Wai,Sin City or Max Payne etc.Pero msasabi ko mganda yung movie,Action na kakaiba na may panlasa pa ring Pinoy,Sawang sawa na kasi kami sa mga korning Drama,horror at napaka-korning komedi at fantasy(Panday-ginaya ang the kracken ng Clash of The Titans)Tapos anung sinasabi mo n di bagay yung music!Eh ang Cooool nga Eh Ely Buendia,Tapos Gloc 9.Tapos yung sa end credit ginamit yung Wild World ng Tears For Fears..And George Estregan is credible for the role,di lagi dapat puro papogi ang Bida.

Cathy Pena said...

@ Kim:

Cool doesn't mean appropriate, honey. The 60's had full bodied vocal performers. Regardless of how "cool" Ely Buendia is in the new generation, his style is a mismatch to that era.

As for your blissful enjoyment to "Asiong", GOOD for you. I'm ecstatic that you find it akin to a masterpiece. I DO NOT! And there's absolutely no fun in watching an unfit action star who looks eternally frowning even when he's romancing his girls. In all of this disparity with regards to appreciating the movie, it's really just a matter of taste.

Direk King said...

Parang medyo humina tuloy yung mga arguments ko kanina....basta, @kim, ang mahalaga ay eto: we cannot persuade her, as she cannot persuade us....the fact that we are debating passionately is enough recognition for the film.

Nuff said.

:)

Cathy Pena said...

@ King:

You make me laugh! Happy V-day! :)

Direk King said...

And to you too! Nga pala, I need advice on a screenplay. Pero I'll tell you about it some other time, pag hindi araw na pinepressure ang mga taong lumabas at makipaglandian at gumastos para sa bulaklak na malalanta din naman, buti sana kung maluluto mo e, bakit di na lang kasi sitaw or repolyo ang ibigay di ba, o mas okay kung karne......grabeng digression yun ah.

Happy Valentayms na nga lang din. Haha.

Cathy Pena said...

@ Direk King:

Uh-oh! How can anyone feel so jaded with V-day?

Sure, just let me know what your issues are... when you're ready.

I don't assume to be better with scripts though. It's an easier endeavor writing about one's thoughts regarding a finished product like a movie. And maybe you have an email address? Discussions about specific works may need discretion.

Direk King said...

I just think it's cheesy...nahihiya ako pag hinihila ako ni jowa to go out on Vday. >_< Haha.

Ok lang yan, di naman yung shots or how I intend to visualize the film thru the screenplay --- yung plot lang ang hihingan ko ng consultation. And you are a very credible source of advice pagdating sa plot, I'm convinced. :)

kk.abalos@gmail.com 'te. Email mo na lang ako. :)

mikes said...

I agree with cathy. The film really was a disappointment. Thank you guys for your honest, unbiased feedback on this. Talkin bout screenplay, are you part of a film crew @direk King? I hope you're not of those troll who are all talk and no bite. I'm an aspiring film maker and starting my first indie film this year funded by a city counselor. Lets change Philippine cinema yeah? Bring it at par to international standards. Continue this film review blog cathy, I will be reading from you from now.

mikessss said...

is my comment posting wth?

Cathy Pena said...

@ Direk King:

We girls realize the undue attention that commerce has bestowed on V-day, but sus naman, you can give it a little chance naman. It's a day to remind people that there's nothing wrong with a little romance. A little cheese isn't so bad! :)

Sige will email you na lang.

Cathy Pena said...

Hi mike,

I's great to know re: "a new film project". Thanks for the thumbs up. The great thing about writing for and as a blog is that it allows for an unbiased discourse. What's really there to say about a film but how one enjoyed - or not! - the viewing experience, di ba?

Let me know when your film opens, ok?

Direk King is an aspiring film maker as well. I like your "Let's change Philippine cinema..." :) I guess if you're an artist, every thing has to start with good intentions... then artistry follows.

Comments here kasi get moderated kaya there's a delay in posting until I'm able to log on. Otherwise, I get hundreds of spam mails - and anonymous and "hate mails" as well . Haha

Thanks, Mike. Appreciate it! :)

Direk King said...

@cathy: cheese is fine....pero i prefer it on the 15th. haha.

@mike: i'm not part of a film crew, i AM the film crew. writer, director, producer, PM, PD, PA, everything! well, except acting. good for you to get a grant, yan ang di ko makuha eh! pano ginawa mo? ako busabos lagi ang prod ko.

nga pala, yung sinabi mo, natawa ako...."no bite." haha. that could mean a LOT of things. i define it as "something that is intelligent but isn't dead boring". which i dont see a lot now.

im shooting something this march. daan ka if you want, then you can decide if my bite is strong enough para magpadugo. ;)