Sunday, July 15, 2018

When 8 Year Olds Know Better Than the Philippine Daily Inquirer


Reading and correcting errors! I used to love this while I was in high school.

Earlier today, I found my young cousins Anya and Vien, 8 and 10 years old respectively, giggling as they shared their lolo's  morning paper. They were in a huddle as to how a national paper like the Philippine Daily Inquirer cannot spot a glaring error for its Sunday Edition. "Billionaire" is spelled differently, so I had to tell the girls that it was wrong! "We know, Ate G! Those writers don't know how to spell Billionaire." And they giggled further. I had to join them because, admittedly, this was funny and sad!

This maybe amusing to the little ones, but I am not amused! We pay for this paper. Dada does NOT read them online so I do not appreciate this travesty. He does not pay for erroneous headlines and careless journalistic work. He deserves an impeccably edited paper at the very least - for the money that he pays every month! 

Have the Inquirer bosses fired most of their better editors

Moreover, is editor Jose Nolasco sleeping on the job? I tried to check their editorial box and they even have a Page One Editor who, obviously oversees Page One stories. Where was he? Even 8 year olds can easily identify their atrocious work! 

Shame on you, Inquirer! 

Why don't you work a little harder instead of buckling under the pressure of this Philippine President's constant harassment to your paper? You used to be fearless and truthful. Now you just cower with fear, you can't even spell simple words anymore - it is embarrassing!

As for this atrocity, where can I:

1. Send a bill for my dad's Sunday crapfest? He needs his money back for Inquirer's sloppy work!

2. Donate a Dictionary for Mr. Nolasco and his incompetent staff to use? Has Mocha Uson started editing for PDI? I thought she writes for Philippine Star (if indeed she knows how to write)?

3. Help them grow some balls against this administration's lunacy and incompetence?

Otherwise, just close shop! 

Kakasuya!  

No comments: