Saturday, January 23, 2010

Megafault is Catastrophic


I found this on my shelf and 2 things immediately struck me: 1. the recent death of 32 year old screen darling Brittany Murphy; 2. the catastrophic aftermath of a fatal earthquake in poverty-stricken Haiti. Though the movie is a major turkey and offered no educational insight into the disaster (everything is elementary science), it made me painfully aware of how fragile our Earth is.

Spoilers here! But Eriq Lasalle's heroism seemed avoidable. And I was wondering what exactly Murphy's character (she was a seismologist) did to help, other than point out into maps. I was half wishing that the earth would swallow all the bad and pretentious indie filmmakers so I didn't have to pay P160 every time they come out with films on commercial screens. It will absolutely save me thousands of pesos for the year 2010.




She sang for us in "Happy Feet"; she cried in "8 Mile"; she giggled in "Clueless". May she rest in peace.


Justin Hartley cools down.


Justin was born to be super; he played Aquaman then the villainy Green Arrow in "Smallville". Wasn't the Green Arrow a good guy in the comic world?


No comments: