Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Robert Pattinson is Worth Remembering


Allen Coulter's "Remember Me" gave me a few apprehensions even before I saw it. I was afraid it would lose the mysticism that Robert Pattinson carries for his "Twilight" persona. But how wrong can I be?

Very wrong. In fact, Pattinson proves that there's more to him than being a gorgeous vampire. In the film, we see him bear a full smile - which looks a bit skewered to be honest, but sexy nevertheless. The story goes: Perky girl Ally (Emilie de Ravin) meets moody boy Tyler (Robert Pattinson) - and they fall in love. On the side, Pattinson's character is dealing with personal demons that concern his emotionally distant dad - the amazing Pierce Brosnan - and his bullied sister Caroline!

As the movie draws ro a close, we see Tyler's face light up, gazing at a window from a luxurious office in New York, we believe that he finally found the peace that he'd been seeking. The camera pans from the window and moves further afield as it gradually draws away from New York's Twin Towers. The date: September 11, 2001.

I had tears streaming down my face.



Caroline and Tyler


Emilie de Ravin


"I love the sunshine," declares Robert Pattinson.





No comments: